Loose Pearls Pairs on card

We have been exporting Japanese Akoya cultured pearls for over 50 years.
We export strands, loose pearls half drilled, 3/4 H.D. etc. and one of the our best exporting item is pairs of LPHD and 3/4 H.D. on card.

We have been making pairs since my uncle was in business.
At that time, commercial quality of 3/4 cut (big cut) pairs on card was popular and my uncle was exporting ton of them.

Time has been changed, now commercial quality of Japanese Akoya pearls are not popular now.

We are making mostly medium to fine quality LPHD and 3/4 H.D. pairs on card.

We could make 3 to 9mm. pairs, so our customers can promote wide range consumers.

Matching of pairs are not easy job. All pearls are little bit different color and luster.
Also customers ask us quick job.
So it needs experience.

Of course I have been matching pairs since I was a child, so I'm also good matching pairs maker.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I usually make pairs in the morning when my eyes are well-rested. I find that Tahitian pearls aer much easier than akoya or freshwater for extended periods of time.

I usually like to match as many pairs as possible, set them aside, then come back the next morning and look at them again. I usually find pairs that I no longer think are "good enough".

Ganbarimasu!
Anonymous said…
>Mr. j.shepherd

Thank you for your comments.
Yes, moring is best time to making pairs. I'm sleepy after lunch.

It is impossible to making perfect pairs for pearls.
Japanese Akoya pearl has many colors, so it is not easy to making pairs in rush.

Also it is not good to making pairs to close with pearls.
It's going to be coufused color.

We have to make pairs "good enough", "quick", and "quantity".